Friday, December 16, 2011

A Taste of Green Sky



author’s note:

I meant to post this poem of thanks during Thanksgiving.  So again, my thanks come too late.

But I suppose our giraffes are big enough not to desire any thanks at all.


A TASTE OF GREEN SKY

I hopped astride
the neck of a giraffe
as it lowered for me:

I wanted to feed
at the top leaves.

But as that ruminant
moved on, I lost hold--
I slipped back down
to the hard ground.

I've a rough way to climb
before I can reach
those leaves again

so I thank the giraffe
for granting me that taste...

for making my hunger
that much stronger.

© 2011, Michael R. Patton
myth steps

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Goldenrod said...

Light-hearted and cute!

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home