Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Feast of Solitude



author’s note:

I’m not talking to anyone in particular.  So again, I guess I’m talking to everyone in general.


TODAY

Today, no miracle
can feed me
as much as being under
this dark tree...

even--I’m sorry to say--today, you--

today, you can not help me,
nor can I
help you--

at least, not
until I find
some quiet
behind
this rib cage that
now shelters
too well--
like any out-grown shell--

some quiet
today
that I can
return to
long afterwards
and hold
as I would
a stone.

I can be more
with myself
and more with you
after turning a leaf
in solitude--
today.

I promise I’ll know us
both better
after I contemplate
those veins that stretch
across our host planet

--today--
this feast day,   
a miracle day.   

© 2008, Michael R. Patton

dream steps
earnest audio

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Goldenrod said...

I very much appreciate my solitude as well, Michael. (Blogging is neat, but it's at a distance and when one feels like sharing and interacting.) I really relate to this poem!

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home