Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Choosing My Revolution



author’s note:

The cartoon above might not seem to connect with the poem below.

Here’s my thinking: I’ve discovered I can’t say “no” to the Universe.  But it's easy to forget.  When I do say “no”, I end up like the chicken above.

But when I stop trying to say “no”, I drop my chicken nature.  Then I can fly.


CHOOSING MY REVOLUTION

See that bird revolving high
in a perfect blue sky?

That bird dangles from a string

pulled by what would be God.

I do not know what would--

I only know what I feel:
the pull.  But sometimes:
the push.  Birds are pulled.
But sometimes we people
must be pushed.

I am on a string--
by whatever god, I am pulled.

I have chosen
this dangling revolution--

after having been pushed
to make a choice

I have chosen my way.


© 2008, Michael R. Patton
dream steps
earnest audio

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home