Monday, December 12, 2011

My Dreams Are Yours, Your Dreams Are Mine



author's note:

"In dreams we are all geniuses."

I've seen that quote--or some version of it--attributed to a number of persons, including Albert Einstein and Akira Kurosawa.

But to me, it's not quite accurate.  We all make mistakes in our dreams.  Or, at least, our ego-self does.

I would alter that quote to say instead: in dreams, we have access to that which is genius...

...to an intelligence that can show us what we're doing wrong.


MY DREAMS ARE YOURS, YOUR DREAMS ARE MINE

Frustrated by the limits of my crib...

I try to soothe the wound
with the expansion granted
by nightly dreams--

dreams that are mine alone

yet belong to all of us.

I can understand why such wisdom comes...

but when I ask, "From where?"

the question echoes
without answer
down the tunnel
of a bottomless well.

© 2011, Michael R. Patton
searching for the new mythology

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home