Thursday, August 09, 2012

The Good Fight




author’s note:

In my humble experience...

...if I don't fight the good fight, I may likely fight the wrong fight.

 
THE GOOD FIGHT

What did I hear
when in my running
I paused
for breath...?...

silent tears...dry tears...

someone weeping with fear

somewhere--down in the depths...

So I lowered--alarmed...down

down through the depths--

in darkness, yet glad:
I'd found the good fight--
ready to die for a life--
willing to sacrifice
for a cause--eager
to be heroic--
growing

in my resolution
ever stronger, no longer
afraid to be afraid--

down and down, in water darker
and darker, the tears no longer
silent but louder and louder...

until suddenly
the amplified sound ceased
and as I listened more closely
I sensed
a burden of fear
had been released...

From the trial of this experiment
we can deduce the laws of physics
also apply to the psyche:

because buoyancy then led me
up...up again--

I'd regained my breath

until next time...
up from those depths.

© 2012, Michael R. Patton
searching for the new mythology

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home