Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Secret Nature



author’s note:

Just imagine: there was a time in my childhood when I wouldn't think of leaving the house without packing heat.

So you never know how someone's going to turn out.


SECRET NATURE

Too many children are being kidnapped--!--

you can see it
in their faces--I saw
a five-year old boy recently
who resembled a politician
from the 1930s--

I can only hope
that frumpy lip
isn't permanently
attached--

what the hell got into him?

As is, he could grow up
to be someone who sacrifices
young men and women
to the sun god--!

There’s a tunnel under
one of those stones... 

but will he ever think to look?--

does he still sometimes feel
the secret that lurks
over his left shoulder?--

or has he already lost
real sense of touch?

Can I help him?--How?

I suppose
we'll just have to trust him
to discover, to uncover
his better nature...

haven't I asked others
so many times
to trust me to find mine?


© 2012, Michael R. Patton
shameless self-promotion

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home