Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Frog Tempts Me with a Wish



author's note:

If only the frog would say to me:

"You can bring up, clearly, any event--and the associated emotion--you wish to remember."


THE FROG TEMPTS ME WITH A WISH

Sometimes late at night...

a little frog in a tree
whispers to me:
    I've come to answer your wish:
    you can erase anything
    you'd like to forget--!--

but what I'd wish is not
what I truly want:

I'd never will myself to forget
because then I'd have to give up
my keystone belief:

that every moment
has a purpose--

I'd have to give up
searching for the purpose
behind every event,
behind everything--!--

but how could I stop
my need to understand--?--

I'd have to give up my whole life.


© 2012, Michael R. Patton
searching for the new mythology

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home