Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Cadillac Casket



author's note:

Someone once asked what I wanted done with my ashes upon my demise...

I said: go to all the best restaurants and insert a few bits of ash into their pepper shakers...

That way, I'll add a little spice to people's lives.


CADILLAC CASKET

I object to that Cadillac casket

if only because
we'll look so silly
to future generations:

when the archaeologists
dig her up
they'll laugh
at what they believe
we believed--

they will think
we thought
a fancy car
could transport us
into a another realm:

Paradise.

Even if
your Cadillac funeral
does say something
about who we are...

I know we are more

though often we're not

but truly we are:

more spirit
than any automobile
can ever express...

even a Cadillac.

© 2012, Michael R. Patton
dreaming steps

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home