Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Advice Columnist Answers "Missing the Magic"



author's note:

In memory of Abigail Van Buren ("Dear Abby"), July 4, 1918 - January 16, 2013.
 

ADVICE COLUMNIST ANSWERS "MISSING THE MAGIC"

You say you're at a total loss...

I say: maybe you need to tiptoe

what I mean is:
sneak up creep up
on the old familiar--

after first turning off the lights
to recall those senses
we so casually neglect.

Too often I forget
but eventually (after much loss)
I realize I must tiptoe again
through the sensuous dark
until I arrive at the precipice
and understand once more:

nothing is ever too familiar...

nothing is ever fully known.

© 2013, Michael R. Patton
searching for the new mythology

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home