Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Dream Time for the Simpleton

simply complex - September 4, 2013s

author’s note:

One of my favorite quotes:

This world is not stranger than we imagine--it's stranger than we can imagine.
           -- Charles Fort


DREAM TIME FOR THE SIMPLETON

Before, when I slept
in this damp basement alone
my ladder would unfold
and begin to climb

until its top rung intersected
with the bottom rung of that ladder
lowering down from a spinning cloud

but now perhaps sometimes
your ladder rises with mine

and we climb that other ladder together--

hard to believe we reach
such heights at night
when our lives seem so ordinary
during the day hours...

except in those rare moments
when I bother to stop

long enough to see the truth
of something so much a part
of my life
that I easily forget
just how incredible it is--

for example:
your hair, your tresses--
a cascade of constant motion:
your waves are indeed waves
blazing wild splashes of light.

Overwhelmed by such complexity
I again become simple with fascination
and deepen into the mystery...

in that way
for a few brief moments
amid the usual routine
you and I become a dream.

© 2013, Michael R. Patton
dream steps
my 2nd novel

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home