Sunday, October 20, 2013

My Life as a Vacuum Cleaner



author’s note:

“Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother‘s eye.”
                -- Matthew 7:5


MY LIFE AS A VACUUM CLEANER

In these dark ages...

I’m proud to report, I work to ingest
more and more cloud dust

in an effort to clear the air:

I swallow to keep from being
swallowed up--!

Though such a tedious task
might not seem heroic...

I've been told
a dragon lies coiled
somewhere amid the darkness
of those earth clouds

and I'd rather confront the beast
under my own volition

than by disastrous accident...


© 2013, Michael R. Patton
Glorious Tedious Transformation

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home