Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Standing...Standing...



author's note:

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times..."
          --  Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities

I’m grateful for the opportunity to live in both times.


STANDING...STANDING...

Yes, I know our world has always churned

but maybe now we’re really starting to accelerate
because--oh baby!--I can barely tolerate
this ground tremoring--ready to erupt
beneath my feet--!

But I have little choice but to stand
and somehow deal with the trembling
that comes from me
that comes from all of us--

I worry that this Earth
--irritated by the vibrations
  of our uncertainty--
might finally explode
just to be done with us.

But knowing my worries
will only make matters worse
I try to feel my strength
long enough to create
a few moments of true silence.

Perhaps such peace, though limited
will help to soothe not only me
but also those strangers, standing
doing their best, all around me...

© 2013, Michael R. Patton
just another author promoting his work

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home