Thursday, November 07, 2013

Spinning Vision



author’s note:

The judges of the Miss Universe pageant would seem to be very presumptuous.


SPINNING VISION

When I stop shielding myself
from the vastness of this Universe...

I again experience
the unsettling sensation
of being cut-loose--

as if my arms and legs
hang, dangling in space.

But even if I don't yet
feel something solid
under my feet
I still find much meaning
in this life

because I keep being pulled
in directions I did not know
I wanted to go

and so,
I can no longer pretend
I'm not suspended
from a string--

a string as solid
and as stubborn
as a rope.

Yes, my revolutions
cause all to blur
but in my spinning dizziness, I see
more clearly
each day

as I work so hard to focus.


© 2013, Michael R. Patton
dreaming steps

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home