Sunday, December 01, 2013

Until We Learn to Surrender



author's note:

To be honest, though I've sometimes been called a knit wit, I can't actually knit.


UNTIL WE LEARN TO SURRENDER

I've found a way to trick myself:

I've knitted a blanket
with such big loops
as to leave myself accessible
to probing fingertips

but because the yarn covers me
I still feel protected.

I believe this stratagem
could actually ease tensions
all over our planet:

we could allow ourselves to be open
while maintaining a sense of security--!--

however, it'd only be a temporary measure:

a way for us to feel safe
until we can finally accept
that any attempt at defense
has too many holes
to truly be effective...


© 2013, Michael R. Patton
Glorious Tedious Transformation

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home