Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Strange Beauty



author's note:

I wanted to revisit this poem on Valentine's Day.  A good follow-up to the last poem, I think...

It's not written to anyone in particular...

...but to everyone in general.


STRANGE BEAUTY

I wonder at you:

when I look into your eyes
I see there's more there
than I can ever hope to see

so I can't break away:

where there's more
than can ever be seen
there is mystery--

there is beauty.

l want to witness your mystery
so I can remember
how beautifully strange
this life is--

realize again
the wonderful strangeness
of my own life:

my half-awake olive-drab eyes
become mysterious creations
when found in the black center
of your fathomless wells:

eyes that mirror my eyes--
eyes the same as mine
and yet, so different...

how strange.


© 2014, Michael R. Patton
another OPEN ALL NIGHT book promo

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home