Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Missteps of Perfection

by design - September 10, 2014s

author's note:

A laborious rewrite of a poem from May 2013.

Imagine a world where communication is easy, effortless.

Then imagine the exact opposite.  That's where we live.

Then imagine our world somehow becoming the first world.

Then tell us how to get there.  Please.


MISSTEPS OF PERFECTION

Age brings the blessing of insight--
a sight that often seems like a curse:

as I reflect and recognize
so many innocent crimes
I perpetrated against myself.

I have tried to beg my own pardon
but this ego still rejects all pleas
and chastises me for the blindness
of my history.

However, I'm hoping
it'll grant reprieve
if I'm able to realize
a perfect design behind
the mess of all my missteps.

So far my vision
has failed me in this effort
but sometimes when I've closed my eyes
I have sensed a perfection

and experience has taught me:
what I feel so deeply is real

so I'll keep looking...


© 2014, Michael R. Patton
myth steps

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home