Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Diamond Reflection



author's note:

I didn't have a Halloween poem ready to post.  But at least, this poem contains the word "haunted"...

It reminds me: we can also be haunted by positive forces.


DIAMOND REFLECTION

The North Star lasered me
with its high-pitch frequency
late last evening

until I finally put aside
my lower coyote needs
and sprang from bed
and climbed out the window
to the high roof top--

there to answer
that maddening transmission
with my pure howling heart:

Tantalized--!--
we're designed to love those jewels
that beckon us to ascend

but when I try to pierce
through the stratosphere
a rope yanks me back down
to my home ground.

Nonetheless,
I can feel that star eye
following me all the next day--

I'm haunted...but also given hope:

though the light seems so distant
in its shine, I find my deep reflection--
I feel a great potential:

if I can ever grind
the worst of the rough
off my charred diamond
I could beacon
like that true beam...


© 2014, Michael R. Patton
myth steps: the blog

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home