Sunday, November 30, 2014

I Use the Flower



author's note:

Maybe we really didn't understand "flower power" in the 60s.


I USE THE FLOWER

I use the flower
when I wish to express
the struggle of pushing upward
and out--

I write of the brave green shoot
I write of the uncertain unfurling:

the slow anxious process
leading to the vulnerability
needed for our flourishing:

the sacrificial relinquishing

--a delicate balance
   between living and dying.

I write:
"the flower opens its dark heart
  to the day's fiery light"
because the blooming sings
so boldly of the pain
I can't yet confess.

I use the flower
to inspire me
to go beyond my anxiety

as I push myself
gradually...gradually
upwards--

opening to the sky

a sky that pulls me...

promising the grand release
of a second Spring...


© 2014, Michael R. Patton
glorious tedious transformation: the blog

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home