Sunday, November 09, 2014

The Deeper Truth

snake marriage - November 9, 2014s

author's note:

Why should we reject science?  We all perform experiments every day.  We're all scientists.


THE DEEPER TRUTH

Science has demonstrated...

two hearts will beat in synch
if two people--any two
stay together in the same small room
for twenty-four hours

--yes, their hearts will be in harmony--

a finding which seems to go against
what we've long accepted as hard truth:

close proximity creates friction, tension.

So how can we reconcile these two facts?

Well, based on
my own painful experience
I can honestly say:

in this small space
I'm quite able to remain
at odds with you
as long as I listen
to what I tell myself
in my head

while ignoring

what I hear in my heart.


© 2014, Michael R. Patton
listening to silence: the book

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home