Sunday, January 04, 2015

Healing Song



author's note:

In olden times, people believed the souls of humans took up habitation in birds, upon death.

I'd prefer the soul of bird to take up habitation in me, while I'm still alive.


HEALING SONG

Such generosity from that bird:

offering me its golden-throated warbling
for the purpose of healing my ears
--my heart

then building a nest
to demonstrate
how beautiful vessels
though delicately suspended
can defy the storm.

I respond to its fretful notes:

the bird sings of a life precarious.

I respond to its strong tones--

the bird tells us:
I will feel the pain of this fear
and create a song of love.


© 2014, Michael R. Patton
listening to silence: the book

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home