Wednesday, January 14, 2015

The Blessed Burden of The Moon



author's note:

Some believe we didn't actually land a man on The Moon...

Of course we did.  But not on this Moon:


THE BLESSED BURDEN OF THE MOON

Its white inscrutable face
hovers too close to ignore

while taunting the reach
of these stunted arms
--these starved hands.

I gaze at The Moon
until finally my desire
becomes unbearable

then I turn my eyes down
to weave a way back through
this midnight wood.

But now, I'm no longer so alone:

now I can feel that moon
beaming its weight
down onto my back--

a haunting--a burden:

now I can feel my tides
agitating within--

now I'm forced to feel
sensations, intuitions
I can usually reject--

now this life is again
an ocean of unknown depth.



© 2015, Michael R. Patton
open all night: the book

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home