Sunday, February 15, 2015

Choice

head lock 330h - February 15, 2015s

author’s note:

Let it be known that I've found peace...

...many times...

...and though I've lost it just as many times...

I have hope: I know it's there within me.


CHOICE

After one of my storms
I always feel battered...

So I've worked to learn
how such tempests are born:

to be aware of
the pressurized conflict
building within

to sense
the inflated righteous
indignation

to feel the wounds
so sensitive to touch

to sit down and listen
to the whimpering
of my burning frustration.

This education has lifted me:

now,
I need not wait for hindsight--now
I can often see the wiser choice
when I'm actually in the moment

--sometimes I can even act
in accordance with the wisdom

and thus, avoid another hell storm.

So...

if such a weak-willed man
can find ways to deal
with his internal rumbling...

why can't a great nation
also refuse to be ruled
by the wild wind of its fear?



© 2015, Michael R. Patton
listening to silence: the book

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home