Thursday, February 12, 2015

My Hope for Myself, My Hope for the World

ash bird - February 12, 2015s

author's note:

My goal isn't to write my story, but to write our story.


MY HOPE FOR MYSELF, MY HOPE FOR THE WORLD

I wish I could assure you
salvation naturally follows destruction

but the bird doesn't always
rise from the ash.

Nonetheless...

if the fire of the our present
becomes a conflagration in the future
I will try to write of hope--

just as I do today

as I struggle to learn
how to maintain a stable peace
without losing my fire--

as I struggle to learn
how to grow a strong flame
without the blaze bursting
into a one-man conflagration.

On this mission
I often collapse into ashes
yet I keep raising myself
back up

strengthened by hope.

My hope for myself
is my hope for the world.



© 2015, Michael R. Patton
myth steps: the blog

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home