Sunday, February 08, 2015

Working with the Dwarf



author’s note:\

In a dream, I tried to knock down a series of tough dwarves--but they were all the same dwarf.

The line of dwarves just kept on coming.  From that dream I learned: he can't be beat.


WORKING WITH THE DWARF

Sometimes, in the uncertainty
of this shadowy room
I've responded with hot fear

--with anger--

and in the flare
of that sudden fire
revealed a self
I'd tried to hide

even from myself:

a demon to subdue--
or so I once believed:

when I applied the whip
and the cage
that great force revolted
against my tyranny.

So now I try to find
productive channels
for an energy so fierce:

how can I use
that tough dwarf?--

how can I stop it
from using me?


© 2015, Michael R. Patton
dream steps: the blog

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home