Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Home...for the Moment



author’s note:

The image above was influenced by the well-known peace symbol created by Gerald Holtom.

I doubled the original design, then left one half pointing downward and put the other half in an upward position.

Maybe my design isn't as striking...

...but I thought any symbol of peace should be balanced.


HOME...FOR THE MOMENT

Sometimes when I see
those mountains of peace...

I begin to sail

but soon lose
what I haven't yet earned

and fall from the clouds

to land flat--smack on the ground

however...

the giving earth seems to know my heart

and the calm stone
under my hand
radiates strength.

So though the mountains
still appear to be a thousand miles away...

for the moment
I am home.



© 2015, Michael R. Patton
myth steps: the blog

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home