Sunday, April 19, 2015

Poem to a Mirror



author's note:

The letter "U" is a recurring symbol in my dreams...

But maybe it's a universal symbol--I know I'm not the only one who's traveled the "U" path.


POEM TO A MIRROR

From the day of my birth onward
I’ve duplicated so many of humanity's
various stupidities

and I've seen you
repeat that history too--
seen you

struggle with your history
just as I've struggled with mine:

as I witness
the ferocity of your fight
I realize your strong will...

if I can then remember
you are my mirror
I may also realize mine--

my will to do more
than merely survive.

If I can then remember
how we both mirror
the whole human race...

I won't lose hope
for the life
of our flawed species.



© 2015, Michael R. Patton
myth steps: the blog

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home