Sunday, May 24, 2015

My Own Tornado

my own tornado - May 24, 2015s

author's note:

“So foul a sky clears not without a storm.”
                  -- Shakespeare, King John


MY OWN TORNADO

I now accept this
unrelenting dizziness
as a positive negative:

if I'm dizzy then I must be spinning--
if I'm revolving, I must be in a revolution

--yes!--
I'm rebelling against
my low cowardice
--rising up!--
as I go round and round
with the enemy within:

I'm my own tornado.

I'm a warrior for peace:

thus, the fate of the world
(to some small degree)
depends upon my courage

or so I tell myself
because

this belief
helps me to endure
the nausea
the constant blur...

this belief
keeps me fighting.



© 2015, Michael R. Patton
myth steps: the blog

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home