Friday, November 20, 2015

To Hold...To Touch...To Feel



author's note:

Yes, I used the word "lovely" to describe my computer...

But in my defense, I was using the computer to type this poem and wanted to keep it happy.


TO HOLD...TO TOUCH...TO FEEL

What if we lost
the extraordinary tools
of our technology
in a massive cyber-crash!--

would the end then be inevitable?--

would we destroy ourselves
in all the fearful fighting
over such common necessities
as bread...?

I say:
despite the madness
we might do more
than merely survive
because loss can also
bring gain--

occasionally
in the middle of building something
using this lovely computer
my arms and hands
have said
"No"

then pulled me outside
to hold, to touch, to feel

until I rediscover what
I didn't realize I had lost.

Building our towers may indeed be
as important as we believe

and yet, to stop
isn't the end...



© 2015, Michael R. Patton
my war for peace: the book

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home