Monday, November 01, 2021

Missteps of Perfection

author’s note:

The path is under your feet at
All times.
          -- Tao Te Ching (Cloud Hands Edition)


MISSTEPS OF PERFECTION

Though I know
I acted in the innocence of ignorance
I still can’t quite forgive myself
for all those missteps.

However, I'm hoping
I’ll feel the relief of a reprieve
if I can ever find
a grand design within
that mess of tracks in the dust.

But though I’ve tried hard
to clear the fog
my vision remains too dim.
However
sometimes when I close my eyes
and linger down in the dark
a sense of perfection
reassures my heart.

Experience has taught me:
surface feelings may lie
but deep feelings speak the truth.

And so
I’ll keep working to see
the reality of what I sense
so deeply.

Soultime: a novel
© 2021, Michael R. Patton

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home