Saturday, September 04, 2021

Advice Columnist Answers "Missing the Magic"

author’s note:

In memory of advice columnist Ann Landers, 2018-2002.  One source of wisdom in my youth.


ADVICE COLUMNIST ANSWERS "MISSING THE MAGIC"

You say you're at a total loss...

Well, my advice is:
sharpen those senses
dulled in the daily rush
by turning off the lights
and tiptoeing through the dark.

As you sneak and creep
the too-familiar can transform
into many fresh discoveries--
luscious and wonderfully strange.

I myself often lose touch
but fortunately dead people can feel
how dead they are
and so I eventually realize
I must tiptoe once more
through sumptuous sensual darkness
until I arrive at the precipice
and understand, as before:

wise though I am, I’m a fool
when confronted with the mystery.

Dancing to Raven’s Song: novel
© 2021, Michael R. Patton

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home