Thursday, September 09, 2021

Freedom Feet

author’s note:

As I see it, there’s foolish risk and there's wise risk.


FREEDOM FEET

Hoping to wake myself
from a stupor induced by security
today
I set my feet free:

no socks, no shoes--open again

to many hazards--
such as shards of broken glass
lurking like sharks in the grass

but I could feel

the freshness
of that wet spring grass
and squeeze
luscious cool mud
between my pale toes.

The shock of touch
created bursts of interior fireworks.
My body saw the world once more.

Today
as my eyes felt
the flow of clouds
my soles listened to a river
coursing through the veins
of an underground cave.

Today
I resurrected myself
through a small act of courage.

Poet, Heal Thyself: poetry ebook
© 2021, Michael R. Patton

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home