Wednesday, November 08, 2023

Spirit Lost and Found



author’s note:

I hope my computer doesn’t realize what I’m saying about it.


SPIRIT LOST AND FOUND

Often after hours of tapping
on this flat keyboard
these fingers will begin to malfunction.

But I can easily fix my digits
by going outside for a spell
to see…to breathe…to feel.

My spirit then wakes

wakes
as that high-spiraling vulture
lifts my eyes with its glide

wakes
as that all-knowing stone
says silently:
sit down and ease your doubt

wakes
as I share an embrace
with that oak tree merging heaven and earth.

My spirit wakes to their spirit.

As for this hypnotic mechanism…
maybe it lives, but without spirit.
As a result, while tapping
I often feel too much alone.

So when my hands say stop
the cause is not merely fatigue
but also the weight of alienation.

Lifted
when I escape to the elemental reality
of rock and roots and leaves and wings.

Yet I return
to the manufactured reality
after just a short recess
because

with this cool tool
I can grieve publicly
over spirit lost

and also share
the joy I experience
when I resurrect my spirit.

Get the Message: a short guide for understanding dreams
dream steps blog
myth steps blog
you tube channel
© 2023, Michael R. Patton

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home