Thursday, July 30, 2020

A Moment...and then back again


author’s note:

Life is just one damn thing after another.
             -- Elbert Hubbard


A MOMENT...AND THEN BACK AGAIN

Once again, someone tries to explain
how a black hole works
and once again
I fail to comprehend.

But in my blinking blankness
I again open to the mystery of this Universe--
outer space suddenly invades
my small island of inner space

and once again, I endure
the grand ache of expansion--
a feeling defying expression.

But my rapture must end
after only a moment:

this life demands I attend
to one small thing after another.

Irritations--so many irritants!
but
if I’m going to be on this earth
I should be on this earth.

© 2020, Michael R. Patton
40 New Fables: ebook

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home