Monday, April 09, 2018

When I Saw Your Tresses on the Pillow...&...Great Life



dear reader:

Two for the price of one today.


WHEN I SAW YOUR TRESSES ON THE PILLOW

How can these wild dreams be
true tales of a tame waking life?

I asked myself when I awoke
from that dream in which
your tresses cascaded
down a long set of steps

then answered that question
by shining a soft light
over your fierce tangles
and discovering there
a waterfall of fiery life.




GREAT LIFE


Frustrated by the necessary limitations
of my crib...

I find release
in the expansion granted
by my nightly dreams

which, I'm told
are actually pictures
of my pen...

what a great life we secretly live.

© 2018, Michael R. Patton
what I learned while alone: poetry ebook

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home