Tuesday, August 07, 2018

Unique Broadcast Frequency



author's note:

Not only is the Universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine.
        -- Sir Arthur Eddington


UNIQUE BROADCAST FREQUENCY

If I hold very still
when I'm in
that gray place between
waking and sleep...

in the extended silence
my inner ear may detect
a word or phrase
from a voice--
unknown
yet somehow familiar.

Maybe it’s merely the “me”
within me...

but how do you explain those times
when we meet someone
   who seems familiar
   though a still a stranger
and the words just flow
as if we're continuing a conversation--
maybe one begun long ago...?

Based on such experience
I postulate:
at night, as the conscious mind rests
we transmit messages--
often across vast distances.

I realize I'm not being
very scientific
but
I believe it's best to believe
that every individual in our world
owns a unique broadcast frequency--

in this way, at least
we the people have equality.

© 2018, Michael R. Patton
listening to silence: poetry ebook

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home