Thursday, March 17, 2022

Making Peace Between My Plates

author’s note:

What can I do in a world of war?

I can work to create peace between my own warring factions.


MAKING PEACE BETWEEN MY PLATES

Seeing the need
to know myself better
I tuned-in to my depths

and ever so slowly began to feel
my deep tectonic plates--
how those forces bulled and butted
and ground together
in continual conflict.

Yes, feeling my disturbance disturbs me
but being aware has helped me
find better ways
to ease my inner tensions.

So these days
I usually manage to avoid
major quakes.

However

I still experience so many tremors.

Those shakes shake me up

but as a result
when I settle back down, I become
even more determined
in this heroic task:
to create harmony
among my opposing plates.


Yes, the peace I achieve will be relative

but perhaps that’s the best we can expect
from a member of such a flawed species.

you tube channel
Common Courage: poetry ebook
© 2022, Michael R. Patton

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home