Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Cleaning Below the Surface

author’s note:

We’re serving our country.


CLEANING BELOW THE SURFACE

Don’t tell me
to write to my congressman
or congresswoman--
why waste time
asking them
to clean this mess up?

Yes, they know a lot
about surfaces.
But little, apparently
about deep cleaning.

I, on the other hand, saw the need
to go below the surface years ago.
When my curiosity
led me to a murky shadow
I ran from the basement.
But that shadow shadowed me
so I went back in
and began to clean.

Now many of my many shadows glow.

The crew I’m on
waits in the wings
for end of this show--
ready to clean the stage
up and down.

If you haven’t heard of us
I’m not surprised--
hard to hear honest work
amid the dizzy cacophony
of a mess belonging to all.

I’m Responsible: ebook
myth steps blog
dream steps blog
you tube channel
© 2022, Michael R. Patton

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home