Thursday, April 07, 2022

The Deep Truth

author's note:

I think we dream in order to see the truth.


THE DEEP TRUTH

Science has demonstrated:

if two people--any two--
stay in a small room together
for more than twenty-four hours
their hearts will began to beat in synch--
yes, their hearts will be in harmony!

A finding which seems to go against
what we both know, based on experience:
close quarters cause friction, tension.

Well, yes:
within the limitations of this space
I often feel at odds with you
as I struggle with all the conflict
gnarling in my head.

But then
in the peace of a quiet moment
I’ll hear my heart again
and once again realize
the truth of our deep harmony.

myth steps blog
dream steps blog
you tube channel
© 2022, Michael R. Patton

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home