Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Freedom Fighter

author’s note:

I believe my battles are battles fought by the whole human race.


FREEDOM FIGHTER

I built these walls
because I desired security

but once inside, I discovered
my strong desire for freedom.

Hoping to stave off starvation
I stocked this larder with a lot of stuff

but after stuffing myself with so much
I discovered greater hungers.

I now see how I secretly set myself up
for a liberation victory:
   driven by higher desires
   I’ll struggle to subdue my fear
   and in that way
   spring myself from this jail.

© 2021, Michael R. Patton
Soultime: a novel

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is deep..very thought provoking,and a brilliant write.Thank you.

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home