Sunday, January 09, 2022

Your Light

author’s note:

Once I was blind…

...now I’m a little less blind.


YOUR LIGHT

Your light remains
long after you
have left the room‑‑

a torch bearer, you were--
a messenger of light

still beaming at me--trying
to wake me to my own light.

Whenever I look at this world
through your luminous eyes
I see the light I usually miss:

perhaps shining behind
the shadow of a face.

An open hand beams.
But even a closed hand glimmers.

I can see the light of dead leaves.
Rich black soil glows.
I behold the firelight within stones.

I imagine you now among the stars--
another light to help guide navigators
when, in desperation
they turn their eyes to the sky.

But to keep from tripping
as I navigate
I also look down
and in so doing, I sometimes
I see the light
you told me lives
in every blind step I make
on the way of my path.

you tube channel
33 1/3 New Fables & Myth: ebook
© 2022, Michael R. Patton

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home