Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Endless Celebration



author's note:

For those using the metric system, you can change the second stanza to read:

"like the glacier that knows
 that 25.4 millimeters more
 are 25.4 millimeters closer--"


ENDLESS CELEBRATION

Though I've yet to fully shed
this old dead snake skin
I'm already celebrating

like the glacier that knows
one inch more
is one inch closer--

I am celebrating
as I believe Jesus celebrated
when stretched beyond limit
because he understood
his pain was just a matter of time--

I'm celebrating
like the cicada
that painfully breaks its shell
after so many years
safe underground--

I'm celebrating
like the cloud glad to burst
so it can release its rain--

I'm celebrating
just as the bay grown calm celebrates
after so many storms--
even though it knows
more lightning will fall
tomorrow.

Because I understand
the last step
is never the last
I will celebrate
every step of the way...

© 2013, Michael R. Patton
hawking Glorious Tedious Transformation

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home