Sunday, May 23, 2021

The Perspective of an Ant Climbing a Mountain

author's note:

I want to be remembered--even if I'm only remembered as "anonymous author".


THE PERSPECTIVE OF AN ANT CLIMBING A MOUNTAIN

The boulder before me
seemed scalable
but when I tried to climb over
I began to struggle--
clawing and clinging
to a vertical.

Yet recently when I looked back

that block of rock appeared to be
no bigger than a pebble.

And so
my pride in accomplishment
deflated just a bit.

Then, as I strained my eyes
trying to see why
something that size
had caused me such trouble
I noticed a long line of ants
climbing over so many pebbles
as they crawled up the slope.

I’m just an another ant.

But this ant climbs a mountain, doesn’t it?

© 2021, Michael R. Patton
Soultime: a novel

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home