Thursday, February 28, 2019

Someday I'll Stay on My Feet



author's note:

Some argue over whether we evolved in the past...

To me, the more important question is: can we evolve in the future?


SOMEDAY I'LL STAY ON MY FEET

I usually crawl along

until
my desire to see more
overcomes
my instinct for safety

then I will stand

and walk until
I see more
than my little mind can handle

then I'll go blank
and trip once again
then once again awaken
as I land hard on my chin.

But the more I see
the more I want to see
so I believe
someday, I'll stay on my feet--
no, I won't fall asleep:

the desire to witness
will finally outweigh
the anxiety I feel at the sight
of such grand vistas of life.

© 2019, Michael R. Patton
what I learned while alone: poetry ebook

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home