Monday, August 08, 2022

Mad Monkey

author’s note:

I tried to shadow box and got knocked out.


MAD MONKEY

Though rarely shown in public
that little demon shouts its rage
throughout the day
in the shadows of my mind--
urging me to retaliate
against a donkey world.

I’ve tried to quiet that bastard
by shutting him up in a box
but though small, he’s quite mighty
and rebels against such tyranny
by breaking every lock I devise.

So now I’m trying to learn
how to use that fierce obstinate energy
in the service of good.

He hates obstacles--he hates “no”.
So maybe he can help pull me
up this mountain--

if I can ease that mad monkey
into the harness
he could become a fire horse.

If I can’t
he’ll just keep on running
ragged circles in my mind--
devouring the best of my thought.

myth steps blog
dream steps blog
you tube channel
© 2022, Michael R. Patton

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home