Sunday, August 21, 2022

My Own Tornado

author’s note:

Never a dull moment.


MY OWN TORNADO

Yes, I’m constantly dizzy
but I believe
this vertigo indicates I’m spinning up--
revolving.
Yes, I’m in a revolution:

I’m rising up in rebellion
against an enemy within--
going round and round
as I wrestle a low cowardice
trying to hold me down.

This battle is a battle for peace
so I’m actually working beyond myself--
I’m one among an army of wrestlers
fighting to stop the destruction
of a world made dizzy
by its own tornado.

Bolstered by this belief
I’m able to endure
the nausea
the constant blur--

I’m able to keep on struggling up.

Common Courage: poetry ebook
myth steps blog
dream steps blog
you tube channel
© 2022, Michael R. Patton

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home