Sunday, August 19, 2012

To Feel is to See, To See is to Feel



author's note:

I think we're going to have to fight to keep our nerve endings in this brave new world.

 
TO FEEL IS TO SEE, TO SEE IS TO FEEL

Having been numbed...

I only vaguely sensed
something was amiss

so at first,
I searched without knowing
I searched--I searched blindly:

tracing my fingertips
over this textured surface--

this sharp jagged canyon
with lush dust soft and deep

and so,
I began to discover
what I'd lost...

I've learned to go slowly
to keep from being cut

I've learned to go slowly
so I'll know what I'm feeling...

I've learned to go slowly
because to feel is to see
so as I gradually awaken
I must adapt to the light.

I know I'll always be
continuing this awakening--

I know there'll always be more to see...

more pain
because in feeling
there is pain...
more joy
because in feeling
there is joy...


© 2012, Michael R. Patton
searching for the new mythology

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home