Monday, July 05, 2021

Strange Beauty

author's note:

This poem wasn’t written to anyone in particular...

So maybe it was written to everyone in general.


STRANGE BEAUTY

That first long look
down into your eyes
told me
there was more there
than I could ever possibly see

but I keep trying
because
where there's more
than can ever be seen
there is mystery--

there is beauty.

l want to witness your mystery
so I can remember
how beautifully strange
this life is--
feel again
the deep strangeness
of my own life.

Once I saw the face
of a stunned alien
reflected in your dark pools

only to realize
those big hungry peepers
belonged to me.

We both seemed like aliens then.

How beautifully strange.

Dancing to Raven’s Song: a novel
© 2021, Michael R. Patton

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home