Sunday, June 06, 2021

The Benefits of My Revolution

author’s note:

If nothing else, at least I can change myself.


THE BENEFITS OF MY REVOLUTION

The rush wind of these times

has me spinning--
little comfort to know
I’m not the only one.

I told myself
you must hold on

but what could I hold to
either outside or in?

I decided then
to see my reality this way:
I’m not just being batted about
by a whirlwind
I’m rising in a tornado--
by struggling to deal
with the burl and buzz
I lift myself up.

Yes, my stomach sinks
with a constant feeling of falling
but the thrill of uncertainty enlivens me--
hard to doze or dawdle on this spiral

and due to my dizziness
I work to focus.
As a result, I can see
just a little more clearly
with every new day.

Survival: poetry ebook
© 2021, Michael R. Patton

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home