Wednesday, June 02, 2021

About the Walls

author’s note:

Haven’t heard much about the men’s movement lately…

But I assure you, we’re still moving.


ABOUT THE WALLS

When I built a wall
between me and pain
I built a wall
between me and feeling.

I’d built that wall in fear
but when I woke to what I’d done
I feared for my life
and worked to break
that hard cushion down

only to discover
such labor must go slowly:
I can’t break--I must erode.

Often I feel alone
in this struggle
but if I choose to look I’ll see:
desperate men everywhere
working to erode the barriers
that blind kings and numb warriors
of ages past
have bequeathed to them
and their sons.

Glorious Tedious Transformation: poetry ebook
© 2021, Michael R. Patton

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home