Sunday, January 08, 2023

Miniature Golf Education

author’s note:

I have some perspective.

Unfortunately, I keep losing it.


MINIATURE GOLF EDUCATION

Though at first I didn’t want to play
I became hooked
before the end of the first round--
after I saw the metaphor.

Before
the game had always seemed so silly.

But I though I laughed
at my first failed attempt
to putt the ball past the windmill
I didn’t laugh
after my second try
nor after my third.

Then, at the fifth hole
I really started to burn
as I struggled to navigate
that ninety-degree turn.

Finally at the seventh
I began to curse the course
in frustration

then stopped when I suddenly saw
how I’d shrunk myself down.

So began an education.

In the many rounds played since that day
I’ve learned a number of lessons--
including this paradox:

Sometimes
in order to get past the alligator
you must roll right into
those snapping jaws.

My War for Peace: poetry book
dream steps blog
myth steps blog
you tube channel
© 2023, Michael R. Patton

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home